Monday, March 31, 2008

My Favorite Monday

For this week's My Favorite Monday, Tiburon has asked for our favorite vacation destination. Mine is Jackson Hole, Wyoming.


I've only been once, in the fall of 1997, but it was the most relaxing, beautiful vacations I've ever had. We spent 9 days traveling through Colorado and Wyoming (and briefly detoured through Montana and Idaho) and the place that stands out most to me is Jackson Hole. It's a fun, funky little town with big personality, great shopping, the best panackes I've ever tasted -- sourdough pancakes at Jedidiah's if you ever happen through -- and scenery galore! We visited beautiful Grand Teton National Park (in the above photo), rafted down the Colorado River, went to Yellowstone National Park and saw the famous geyser Old Faithful. We stayed in quaint little log cabins with gorgeous views of the mountains and had coffee outside in the peaceful, brisk Wyoming morning, with the cleanest air I think I've ever had the pleasure to breathe. We saw bears meandering across the road like it was the most common thing in the world, moose in the front yard of the cabin, and the most beautiful elk you can imagine standing so close that you felt like you could reach out and touch them.

If you've never been to Jackson Hole, I highly recommend it as a great vacation spot, especially for families. Now that Cole is old enough to appreciate it we are looking forward to going back and taking him along someday soon.

No comments: