
It's time for another installment of Thankful Thursday. It's surprising me how much I actually look forward to doing this. I find myself jotting things down all week that I'm thankful for so I will have a good list on Thursday. It's really helping me appreciate how many really good things I have in my life every single day! So for today I am thankful for...
1. Allergy Shots. Cole has been on allergy shots for a year now and he is a completely different child. I honestly hadn't realized just how allergic to everything he was until we went to the allergy specialist and now I feel horrible that he was so miserable for so many years, but I am thankful for the difference the shots have made in his life. He is a football die hard but couldn't play before because he's so allergic to grass that just touching it would cause him to break out all over in a horrible rash. But now? He started spring flag football last week and he is LOVING it. He is so in his element now and my guess is will move on to tackle football in the fall, and this is competely made possible by those bi-weekly shots of magic!
2. Doctors. My broken toes of 2 weeks ago are not healing correctly. They are still really painful and after a few days of looking better my foot has swollen back up and is looking rough again, so much that I can't wear shoes. I called my doctor's office this morning to see if she had a recommendation of how best to treat it and she insisted that I come in for an xray today to make sure I don't have a stress fracture in my foot. I'm so thankful that she's getting me in today and can give me a plan of action to get my tootsies feeling good again. I'm tired of not being able to wear my cute shoes. Which leads me to...
3. Flip Flops. While not the ideal footwear for the corporate America dress code, I'm so thankful I have a closet full of cute ones that have allowed me to at least be able to wear shoes to work the last couple of weeks and be somewhat fashionable. If not for them I would have had to go barefooted and let's face it, that would have been nasty! :)
4. Swiffer. A must have for the new floors. It makes keeping them sparkly clean so easy!
5. Kelly Reynolds. AKA my hair stylist! I am looking like a shaggy dog and am so thankful that I get to go see my miracle worker on Saturday. This growing out process is tough and she's doing a great job of touching me up every few weeks and helping me keep my sanity. We're almost to where I want to be.
So there you have it. What are you thankful for today??

2 comments:
I REALLY REALLY hope that there is no fracture in the foot! Those allergy shots sounds awesome. My sisters son is allergic to life - he may need to check into these.
Great list - i am so glad you are playing :)
i'm so glad that he's doing better - we need to come watch him play! I bet he is awesome!
Post a Comment