Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's that time again, Thankful Thursday. And I need it today. I'm frustrated this morning and need this to remind myself that there are some good things in my life in spite of my frustration. So for today, I am thankful for...

1. Tiburon. Thankful Thursday is her creation, so I need to thank her for it. If she hadn't come up with this little gem, I wouldn't be thinking of things to be thankful for, I would be just be pouting today.

2. Patience. This hasn't always been true for me. I used to be one of the most impatient people I knew, but I have developed a little as I've gotten older and I need it today. I was supposed to have my colposcopy this morning, but the bad storms last night left my doctor's office without power so they had to reschedule me. Unfortunately they can't get me in until next Friday, so I have to wait another week and this is where the little bit of patience comes into play. It's going to be tough waiting, but I will do it. I am just so ready to get this over with and behind me.

3. Safety. Most especially the safety of me and my family and friends. As I mentioned above, we had some pretty severe storms blow through overnight. The tornado warning sirens blared at 4:00am and scared us to death with the rain and wind whipping around outside. We were fortunate that the worst of the storms were just south of us and we were spared any damage.

4. Sunshine. After last night, it's nice to look outside and see the sun trying to poke through the clouds. A beautiful sunny day always lightens my mood.

A short list but better than nothing. What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

tiburon said...

Awww you are so sweet. I am sorry you are frustrated :( Try to turn that frown upside down!

I am keeping everything crossed for you for next Friday. That sucks that they had to postpone it!