Friday, April 25, 2008

Observations from Grey's Anatomy

I'm SO happy that my favorite show is back. It was wonderful to see my favorite hospital staff back in action, but I did notice...

1. I liked "klepto" Lexie. She was fun and entertaining and definitely a character that I can get behind and root for!

2. I loved that Meredith is seeing a shrink, and the fact that she wasn't talking yet was SO Meredith. Meredith isn't a sparkly, shiny character and I'm glad to see that the writers remained true to that. I also liked how she was shown to be the competent doctor that she truly is with brain tumor guy. I know that the internet can be hard on Meredith, but to me she is real and human and flawed and I love how the writing team stays true to her character instead of making her what Derek thinks she should be. And Derek? Not talking about him. Enough said.

3. McSteamy isn't really all that steamy without the facial hair. Bring back the goatee!! But my favorite scene of the show was Mark and Derek in the elevator. Love, love!!

4. I. Hate. Rose.

5. Loved Izzie getting the beat down. I haven't loved her character since the whole Denny fiasco, so I'm glad to see her getting knocked down a few pegs!

6. I hated Christina basically cowering down to Hahn in her own home. That is not the Christina that I love, she would have never allowed herself to be made to feel like an intruder in her own home. Buck up girl and find that backbone that I know you have!

7. Please tell me that Hahn & Callie aren't really going to get it on. Eeewwww!!

8. YAY, Addison is back next week. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Overall a fantastic episode I think. Or maybe it was just because it's been SO LONG it just seemed really old school Grey's good?? Either way I'm so happy it's back.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Lori, I'm right there with you! (I found your blog through Rebecca's, by the way. I live in your neighborhood. I'm not a stalker, I swear.) I LOVE Grey's Anatomy and was SO glad to see a new one! Lexi is going to be a fun character, and Izzie, well, I'm not happy about where they've taken her or George's characters. This will definitely be an interesting season! Well, only if they can kill of Rose in some sort of horrible accident!

Lori said...

Hi Melinda, it's nice to "meet" you. :) Any friend of Rebecca's is a friend of mine. Stop by any time!

tiburon said...

Lori - I heart you. I couldn't agree with you more. I am glad you are a fan. We can chat :)