Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday




It's that time again, Thankful Thursday. Thanks, as always, to Tiburon for the great idea! This week I am thankful for...

1. Modern Medicine. I had my annual exam with the gyno last week and unfortunately my pap results came back abnormal and I have to have a colposcopy next week. Now I'm not very excited about that part, obviously, but I am so thankful for advanced medical procedures that can detect that I have something not right going on in my body and my doctor can fix it. She (and I!) are 90% sure that my abnormal results are most likely the product of an infection or inflammation of my cervix, but with the history of gynecological cancers in my family she didn't want to mess around and wants to take a look to make sure.

2. Music. No particular music, just music in general. A song can really affect your mood and help bring you up when you are down or soothe you when you are upset. A good head banger can give you the energy to push through the last part of a hard workout. Music just plays such a huge part in my life, and I'm thankful for it!

3. Dirk Nowitzki. I was so happy to see the star player for my favorite NBA team back on the court last night! Now I realize that the Mavericks are probably not the class of the western conference this year and very well may not even make it into the playoffs in a tight race for the final spots. However, with so many of my favorite shows still not back I need TV entertainment! So selfishly I need for the Mavs to at least make the playoffs, even if they don't go far, so that I can continue to be entertained if only for a while, and with Dirk injured the playoffs were but a distant dream. Now that he is back, even if he is only at 80%, they have a fighting chance.

4. Subway. I love that there is a "fast food" place where I can get a healthy, filling lunch for less than $5 and very few Weight Watchers points.

So what are you thankful for today??

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad he's back too.. he's such a nice, decent guy.