Monday, April 7, 2008

Mustangs 19, Cowboys 6

Cole had his first flag football game on Saturday. His team is the Mustangs and they are a new team playing together for the first time this season. Ron is one of the coaches and he and Cole were both quite nervous heading into Saturday's game. They know they are going to be playing in a division with some good teams who have been playing together for quite awhile so I think they were both afraid that they would get blown out. On the contrary! The Mustangs played great! They have quite a bit of talent on the team and some really fast kids, including Cole!! He scored a touchdown on a double reverse and was so proud of himself. My kid has got wheels!! I know they are going to face some serious competition in the division, starting with the team they will face this Saturday, the Thunder. But it sure was nice to start the season off with a big win! Of course in the rush to get out of the house I forgot my camera, but luckily MIL made it to the game and she is always carrying hers, so here are a few shots courtesy of her.

Coach Ron giving the team a pre-game pep talk

Cole lined up in the slot...

Notice the boy lined up to Cole's right, Austin. He is 12 and Cole is right on par with him size wise. I have always known that Cole is tall for his age, but I guess it didn't really hit me until I saw him huddled up with those 11 and 12 year olds and he was as tall or taller than most of them! He is one of the youngest on his team, but also one of the biggest! :)

2 comments:

tiburon said...

GO MUSTANGS! Congrats! Your Cole looks like a giant! Ethan has always been on the tiny side :)

Rebecca said...

Cole rocks!! I can't wait to catch a game!