Friday, October 31, 2008

No Animals Were Harmed in This Grey's Wrap!

Sorry but that disclaimer being replayed over and over cracked me up. Tell me that Hollywood doesn't repsect the craziness that can be PETA. Talk about covering your butt!

Another really good episode this week.

Things I Loved
1. Owen! I love, love Major Doctor Hottie and am going to need a lot more of him! He is a total bad ass but there is a reason for it, he’s earned the right to it, and while he owns it he seems to be a good guy where it counts. I loved how he made Derek and Mark look like fools, they have needed that for awhile. His asking to be taught and learn was brilliant! And Christina? I think they’ve picked a good one for her. They have major chemistry so I am going to enjoy seeing this relationship develop. Good stuff!

2. Christina, all the way around. I liked Christina the teacher. I want to see more of this. She rocked the house with her interns saving the pigs! I felt so bad for her when Owen told her to put the pigs down. I don’t think I could have done it either, Christina. She does have a human side and I enjoy it when we get to see it. I liked friend Christina too. She and Meredith running from Owen at the beginning of the episode was cute and fun and cracked me up!

3. Anatomy Jane. Not for any particular reason, I just thought it was a really clever way to involve Meredith in the tumor storyline. She created a connection between Meredith and Bailey, showed a past connection to the Chief, and she helped Meredith figure out a way to operate on tumor girl. She helped give Meredith a stellar episode all the way around. Nice!

4. Erica’s speech to Callie at the beginning of the show. I know, I haven’t been on board with the Callie/Hahn as a couple storyline and I’m still not, but her vulnerability got to me. I can totally buy Hahn as a lesbian, and I’m fine with that, just not as a couple with Callie. It has been obvious that Erica is more into Callie and I felt bad for her when she was giving the speech because I knew she was going to get her feelings hurt. Get her another woman and run with the lesbian storyline because she sold me!

5. Bailey. Not for any particular reason this episode, I just love her and her awesomeness so I felt compelled to mention her. She is going to make a fine chief one day!

6. Lexie & George. Their friendship is so sweet and fun.
Lexie: "I named the pigs today." George: "I don't know what that means." Genius!

7. Izzy and Alex. They bring out the best in each other!

8. Mark. Come on, you aren’t surprised, are you? I always love Mark! I love the friendship between Mark & Callie. Beneath his brash exterior I think Mark is a really good guy and I was glad to hear someone tell him that.

Things I Didn’t Love
1. Callie. I don’t like cheater Callie. Does she not have patients to take care of? You are telling me that the only orthopedic resident that we know of has nothing better to do than have sex in the on-call room all day? I think it has become pretty obvious by now that she is not that into a romantic relationship with Hahn and she is being cruel leading her on. This has this potential to end very badly, so I think they just need to drop this storyline and let Callie do what she does best…screw Mark.

2. Hahn’s attitude toward Bailey during the surgery. What a bitch!

Things I Just Didn’t Care About
1. The tumor girl. Is it wrong that I cared more about what happened to the pigs? I did like the one scene with the girl’s father and the chief, but the rest of that storyline just didn’t do anything for me.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I was so busy putting my sugar-high kids to bed last night, I didn't have a chance to watch this one all the way through. I saw bits and pieces, but nothing really caught my attention. I thought the pigs were gross and I was disgusted with Dr. Major Hottie! I totally agree with Izzy about his use of the pigs! I will reiterate what I have said before, Callie and Hahn, ICK! I wish they would move past this already! Oh, and I liked the chief a little better today. Maybe it was the patient's dad totally telling him off during surgery that did it. From what I saw, it was okay, but maybe I'd have different feelings about it if I watched all the way through.

Lori said...

I think you should watch it all the way through, Melinda. I didn't like Major Doctor Hottie much at all in the beginning. I kept asking myself, "Why did I like him again?", and then it all came together nicely in the end. As always I love hearing what you think, even if your opinion is different from mine!

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that Hahn is leaving for good, this Thursday. I must watch. Must.

Lori said...

I read that too, Tanja. I also heard that Callie will be leaving mid-season, but I don't know if that one is true. I'm fine with Hahn leaving, but I like Callie separately from Hahn, so I'll be kind of sad if she leaves.