This was a much better episode for me, which I think you'll see reflected in my "things I like" below. It was balanced and well written and just really good!
Things I Liked
1. Derek giving Meredith the kidney in a jar. I am enjoying seeing them work out their problems like adults. I do think Derek was wrong in not giving Meredith any credit for helping with the clinical trial, but I think Meredith overreacted a bit too. When Derek, with Bailey’s help, realized he was wrong and needed to apologize he knew that hearts and flowers wouldn’t be the right thing for Meredith, and the kidney was a perfect apology!
2. Izzy and Alex. I don’t know what it is about these two. I generally find myself disliking them apart, but together I can’t get enough. Her telling him that she cares about him was perfection! She knew that she needed to beat it in his head. She knows the wounded little boy that Alex is on the inside and she found the way to get through to him, at least for a moment.
3. Christina discussing Burke. I’m glad that writers haven’t forgotten her history with him and are showing us how his leaving affected her. I know they are doing it to set up something with Major Doctor Hottie, but no matter the reason I’m glad that it’s being addressed.
4. Bailey! I liked her taking charge of the whole organ transplant thing. I liked her reminding Izzy of her own organ stealing days. I liked her beat down of the residents: “You, you are lazy. You're whiny and butterfingers over there? You're downright depressing.” Hee! And her “Five Second Rule!” LOL And I loved her conversation with the cheating man’s wife and how she took her to meet the family of the woman who received her kidney. Bailey always knows the right moves to make because she is ten kinds of awesome!
5. Lexie giving George a smackdown. “Did you even ask for me?” That was a wonderful scene! Granted she was a little immature decorating George’s locker like they were in high school, and if she had just told him how she felt she wouldn’t feel like such a doormat. But the girl is obviously crazy about George and I can’t believe that he is too blind to see it. Me thinks he is going to figure it out too late, like when Lexie ends up sleeping with Mark. And speaking of…
6. I love Mark! I know, minority opinion here, but he is just the most fun character. He says what I am thinking about 99% of the time! I really wish the writers would give him his own woman and his own storyline. Eric Dane is great!
7. The previews for next week. Major Doctor Hottie is back! From the looks of the previews he isn't going to be making many friends at Seattle Grace, but I think his character is going to bring some sorely needed new life into the show.
Things I Didn’t Like
1. Callie & Hahn. Normally I just don’t care about them but this week they have moved to don’t like status. I can’t believe they went there. Doesn’t Callie know that what she did with Mark was cheating, at least sort of? And Callie isn’t a cheater. That scene and her "take off your pants" scene with Hahn was just gross! They are giving lesbians everywhere a bad rap, and involving my Mark in this whole fiasco ticks me off! Stop the madness!!
2. The young mistress kidney donor chic. She bugged and I liked how it was pointed out to her that her guy had made his choice. Suck that homewrecker!
3. The chief. What is wrong with him this season? Does everyone else dislike him as much as me? He used to be one of my favorites, but I find myself wanting to punch him in the face every single episode.
Things I Just Didn’t Care About
1. The father/son “he worked too hard and didn’t pay attention to me growing up”. That particular storyline is played out on any show, and the boy crying at the end didn’t affect me because he wasn’t a good actor.
That’s it for me. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! I’m curious to hear what you guys think because it’s getting mixed reviews from my Grey’s buddies at work this morning. Not everyone loved it as much as I did. So let me have it…what did you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I really liked this episode too, and I totally agree with you on all of your points.
Lexie is starting to get on my nerves for some reason, and I really don't want George to get involved with her because I can't handle another pathetic George relationship!
Callie and Hahn are just GROSS. I'm done with this storyline and I want to move on already!
I've always loved Izzy and Alex, so I was glad to see them back together. I think they balance each other out. Now, if Alex could just stop being such a jerk....
I'm also excited to see, who you call, Major Dr. Hottie come back next week. It will certainly be interesting!
Oh, and the chief is driving me nuts this season! I guess they're trying to show the dark side of hospitals and how they really think, but the once lovable chief is now just the opposite!
Great episode, in my opinion, and I'm looking forward to next week! Thanks for your wrap-up! I enjoy it every week!
I really liked it too! It seemed to have some pep and zip - and I have been missing that.
I was sooo excited when I saw Major Dr Hottie. I knew you would be excited ;)
Callie and Hahn sicked me out.
The kidney on the floor cracked me up.
LOVED the scene where they were selecting interns and they were standing right in front of them. I was laughing so hard. That made the whole show for me.
LOVED the kidney in the jar - that was priceless.
Can't wait for next week!
Didn't you guys think the kidney on the floor looked like a chicken breast? Because I rewound and watched that over and over and I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it was! :)
Post a Comment