Another odd and slightly disjointed episode. Though better than last week, it still wasn't great for me. With that being said...
Things I Loved
1. George & Duncan. Can we get these two their own show? I loved Duncan, what a great kid, and together with George they made a dynamic duo. Their operating room scenes were spot on, so funny, and really entertaining, especially when the walked into the room with no face guy. "No, put me down, I want to see the guy without a face! Can we go back to the guy without a face? This one's boring." "Yours will be boring too!" Too funny! I hope we see more of Duncan! And I am super happy that George passed his test. Welcome to residency big guy!
2. Meredith & Christina finding the dermatology department. So, so funny! I liked seeing their relationship getting back on track, and the derm office scenes were especially funny since I had just been to the dermatologist last week and that office was eerily similar to my own derm's office, right down to the water with fresh fruit!
3. Izzy taking the surgery back from Alex. I am not the biggest Izzy fan, but Alex was such an ass this entire episode, I was happy to see her standing up to him. I admit to being a bit worried that she was going to make a mistake during surgery, but I'm happy with the way it worked out.
4. The conversation between Callie & Bailey. The look on Bailey's face when she first found out about Callie & Hahn? Priceless!
5. I liked the way the writers handled the diary thing. Sure Mer was being a little silly about it, but I think it was wrapped up nicely at the end with Mer giving Derek his space in the house and him giving her space at the trailer. I like that they are communicating better.
Things I Didn't Love
1. Not enough Mark. I know that not everyone is a Mark fan, but I am and I need more of him in my show.
2. Still no Major Doctor Hottie. I thought he was going to be a series regular. Where the heck is he??
3. The brain tumor patient/storyline. Boring. And did I miss the wrap up of that storyline? I just felt like the writers left us hanging.
4. Alex. I didn't like him saying that Izzy is the only one he's got to be mad at. I think I know where the writers were trying to go with that, but for me it fell flat. It wasn't romantic, even in an angsty way. It was just mean.
5. George at the end of the episode. I didn't like how he ran off from Lexie and left her standing outside at the hospital, and then blew her off at Joe's. I don't want them as a couple romantically, but you just don't do that to your friends. Especially the one friend who has been there for you during the whole test failing fiasco.
6. Meredith lying to Hahn about knowing how to do a procedure. Not professional at all. But I also didn't appreciate how Hahn chose to admonish her for it either. Threatening to cut her heart out with a steak knife was ridiculous and also very unprofessional.
Things I Just Didn't Care About
1. Callie & Hahn. Later, rinse, repeat, right? The only good things I can say about them is that I thought they both looked really pretty in the restaurant, and their scenes gave me an excuse to switch over and check the TCU/BYU score.
All in all a better episdoe than last week. I do feel like the writers are getting back into a groove and giving me the Grey's that I enjoy so much. The previews for next week look good, so I'll be anxiously awaiting next Thursday to see what it brings. Now it's your turn, tell me what you thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I agree with you about George and Duncan. Too cute! George is great with kids and it was fun to see him in his element. I'm also glad that he passed his test, but I hated the fact that he blew off Lexie!! Poor girl. She doesn't deserve him.
I'm an Izzy fan, so it was great to see her steal her surgery back! I've been waiting for her to wake up and get a backbone! Alex is mean. He's a mean, stupid guy, and I'm not liking him at this point.
I loved the fact that Derek gave Meredith her own space, and vice versa. That was great, and especially at the end with the shot of Meredith and Christina in the trailer with the Dermatology sign on the door was perfect! I thought the Dermatology thing was a little over-the-top, but then again, I've never been to a Dermatologist before, so I wouldn't know.
Bailey's face was PRICELESS! So funny!
But, EW. Callie and Hahn are just too gross. I just can't handle stuff like that. They did look very pretty, though, and happy.
Over all, it was an okay episode, but I was glad to see that no over-the-top situations happened this week. I like it when things are a little more routine. It makes it more believable.
Exactly Melinda, I like when I can imagine that this is a real hospital with real hospital type things happening. I don't need ferry accidents, overturned ambulances or Bambi for goodness sakes! :)
Spot on, girlfriend!! A much better episode than last week, IMO.
Love your reviews :)
Once again - a SPOT ON assessment. I apologize for my tardiness but I was just able to watch the episode! Unfortunately the TCU/BYU game took priority in our house and then I couldn't tear myself away from the bathroom long enough to come downstairs!
I am soooo over the Callie/Hahn story line. I loved the derm stuff - that had me rollin! George needs to pull his head out!
Excellent wrap up- I LIVE for these :)
this is the second time i've been over to see your grey's wrap up. i'm a friend of tib's... i love your opinions on the episodes.
i loved bailey's face - and then when she watched hahn checking out callie. hahaha! i don't love the lezbo couple & i'm not opposed - to each their own. i just don't like them.
i wanna see lexie & mark. i love mark too - i loved the cowboy advice he gave. and i loved when izzie said she was going to shoot his ass off! hilarious!
Hi Hayley! Nice to "meet" you. I came over to your blog to congratulate you on your engagement after Tib posted your big news on her blog. :) Come by anytime!
Yeah... I agree about Callie and Hahn.... I get the trying to be PC in today's world thing.... but seriously..... I've had enough! They don't have chemistry. Callie is a man-sex machine. Bailey's face was priceless... but the whole part about Callie getting on the elevator and Hahn watching with a smile while cheesy music was playing made me seriously wonder what has happened to Grey's. Luckily Bailey's face redeemed that scene, but still...
Michele
You are definatley spot on with this post, I love it and can't wait to watch next week!
Post a Comment