Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thursday again already? Wow! Thanks to Tib for the nifty new graphic. Today I am thankful for...

1. Heating pads, muscle relaxers, and Aleve. How sad is it that Aleve makes my list so regularly? A sign of getting old I guess. Anyway I have had a doozy of a pinched nerved in my neck this week and those three things have gotten me through the worst of it. I'm so glad it's finally feeling better and I can actually turn my head without pain.

2. My sweet Cole. My baby boy will turn 10 years old in a couple of weeks and I am so thankful to have made it to 10 without screwing him up too much. Now if we can just make it to 20 and still be able to say the same thing!

3. Self-control. I have used all of my reserves this week. I do not understand people who use petty things like politics and sports as an excuse to be rude or hateful to others, especially those who they call friend. We are all different and have different beliefs but isn't that what makes the world go round? It would be a boring place if we only associated with those who thought and felt the way we did, wouldn't it? Some of my closest friends are my polar opposite but I love and appreciate them and hope that they feel the same about me, regardless of our differences.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am thankful for a variety of friends too.. especially the ones who don't make our differences a big issue. You're awesome!

Melinda said...

Great list! Isn't it funny how we think of our kids as babies even when they are so old? Time just goes by so quickly!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the variety too. I can't believe Cole is almost 10. How did that happen?

tiburon said...

Love your list this week. I am in the same boat. Most of my friends are my opposites but I love that we can still be friends and respect one anothers opinions without having to agree.

Variety is the spice of life!

annie said...

Amen sweetie!! People need to Get Over Themselves! :) I haven't read your Greys wrap yet because I'm watching it tonight :)