I am honestly not 100% sure if I liked this episode. When it ended I was left sort of scratching my head trying to figure out what I was going to write about it. I think I might should go back and watch it again before writing this, but I’m seeing Twilight today and have a super busy weekend so I’m going to go ahead and knock it out because otherwise it might not get done.
Things I Liked
1. Callie and Mark as BFF’s. They are so fun and light and funny. I love them as friends, and friends ONLY! I do not want a romantic relationship there. Callie is like kryptonite to a romantic relationship so keep her strictly platonic with my Mark.
2. Mark with the young girl. He was so great with her. The scene where she fell asleep on his shoulder was so sweet. I’m happy to see the writers show him as something more than a horn dog and I was thrilled to get some of his back story!
3. Christina and Major Doctor Hottie. Loved their interaction. I love that he is vulnerable and unsure and I’m glad that the writers seem to be taking their time developing their relationship. I think when they finally get down to real business it’s going to be HOT!
4. The Christina/Meredith argument. Real friendships have their struggles, nothing is perfect, and I’m glad to see that happening here. Their relationship was starting to border on unhealthy so it’s nice to see a little conflict. I’m guessing from the preview that this isn’t resolved and will come into play when choosing the solo surgery in the next episode.
5. Derek brought home a stray! I’m just really enjoying Derek as a character and watching his relationship with Meredith evolve. I like that they are getting along and just being.
6. Alex. He was just a good guy this episode. I liked how he handled the situation with the hypochondriac patient and her husband, and I liked his support of Izzy at the end of the episode.
7. Bailey. Her “no more speeches” speech was great! “I raised my babies, now it’s your turn.” I loved her with Callie, I loved her helping save the butts of the stupid interns. I just love her! She is the best character on this show.
Things I Didn’t Like
1. Izzy and Denny. This whole thing is too weird. I can’t figure out where they are taking it and for now it’s just creeping me out. Hot, loud, sweaty sex with a dead guy? Huh? I do like that Izzy went with Alex at the end though.
2. Sadie. Girlfriend is nuts. Not feeling her at all and I hope she goes away soon.
Things I Didn’t Care About
1. The interns. Aside from Lexie I don’t care about any of these people, so their surgery fight club doesn’t interest me at all. I hope they cut down the intern crew soon. There are just too many of them to have any sort of meaningful story.
That’s it for me. I’m sure I forgot something but I’ve got to get to work so I don’t have any more time to think about it. Let me know what you guys thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know I too am a little creeped out and wondering why they have brought Denny back in more than one episode. Great list!
i really liked the meredith/christina fight...
i love alex and mark. i like the depth we've been seeing.
while i love denny's face - he's dead - let him be so...
i also like that meredith is reading her mom's journals & seeing her differently.
I HATED this episode.
I mean COME ON!!!!! The interns still get to practice medicine after that?!?! They are operating on each other.
The Izzy/Denny thing is downright creepy. I mean I like looking at Denny - but they need to move on.
Thanks for the write up though - these are my favorite things about Friday. Have fun at Twilight!
Just a little jealous that you're going to see Twilight tonight. I was supposed to go, but it's my mom's birthday, and I need to spend time with her. Hopefully, I'll see it soon!
I absolutely, and totally agree with you about this episode. It was better than last week, but it was so strange! I guess the Denny thing is just wigging me out! I'm so tired of it, and I just can not figure out where it's going! I'm SO glad that Izzy moved on at the end, but GET RID OF DENNY ALREADY! Get Izzy to psych and get her help! Find a ghost whisperer and get rid of Denny, whatever it takes!
I love that they are showing a different side of Mark. It's fun to see.
I can't stand the interns at this point. Why can't they spend more time in the skills lab, instead of practicing on each other! Are they really that stupid?! Come on! I was glad that intern told George about Lexie being in love with him. Although, he's a moron for not seeing it in the first place!
Strange episode. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either. Get rid of Denny and fail those interns and I'll be a happy watcher.
Post a Comment