Friday, November 7, 2008

Rise Up! Grey's Wrap

Another solid episode this week. I really liked just about everything about the episode and don’t have too much to complain about. I thought it was a great mix of drama with some lighthearted moments thrown in, and that worked perfectly!

Things I Liked
1. Ed and Rose. What a sweet couple. I sure hated to see Rose die, even though I knew it was coming. I loved Bailey and Derek and how they helped Ed let go of his Rose. I loved that Derek stepped up and did what neither Ed nor Bailey could do. Their kindness to Ed was one of the reasons they are two of my favorites. Besides, I have a soft spot for sweet little old people so this was an A+ storyline for me!

2. Major Doctor Hottie. It’s like he is getting to verbalize so many things that I’ve thought about the people of Seattle Grace for a long time! He was right, they are disrespectful and ill-trained and don’t treat their patients like people, and they are more concerned with their soap opera personal lives than they are taking care of their patients. I liked him calling them all out to the chief. But I do think the writers are going to have to watch it with him or his self-righteousness could seriously start to grate! He needs some flaws too.

3. Christina with Major Doctor Hottie. I loved that she shared with him about her dad. I think they are going to connect on a level that she never connected with Burke because she is going to earn his respect before she earns his love. I think he really gets Christina and I don't think Burke ever cared to. However I was not completely happy with her in this episode, which I’ll save for later.

4. The Chief! He was too funny tormenting George with the doll. I like when the chief shows a little personality.

5. Hahn. I know, I know, I have done nothing but complain about her the last few weeks, but I totally got her anger over the whole Izzy/Denny heart stealing. For the first time I really felt her character. I think Brooke Smith is a good actress and I think she could have been an asset to the show if used in the right way, but they just ruined her with the Callie lesbian storyline.
And while I enjoyed her tonight, I didn’t feel any sadness watching her walk away at the end of the episode and I really won't miss her.

6. Derek and Meredith. I am glad that their relationship drama isn't a focus of the show anymore. They are established as a couple and while the writers do make a point to show us that they are still dealing with issues as any couple does, their issues aren't the sole point of every episode and I enjoy them so much more.


Things I Didn’t Like
1. Christina as a resident. I thought last week was going to be a breakthrough for her and she was going to learn how to be a good resident and teacher. But tonight? She was an awful teacher! Why does she even have interns? I can’t believe that Bailey or the chief haven’t called her on how poor of a job she is doing with her interns.

2. The cadavers in the basement. That was just a tiny bit creepy!

3. Derek pimping out Mark. I didn't like Mark trying to pick Christina up, though I do think the reason behind it was entertaining. Give my Mark his own storyline!


Things I Didn’t Care About
1. Denny. I came to the realization tonight that he’s played out. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was hot as usual, but the Denny thing is tired. Let it go, Shonda!

That’s all I’ve got. Let me know what you guys thought. Did you like it? Hate it? Did I miss something important? Talk to me.

3 comments:

tiburon said...

I thought it was a good episode. The robot/George storyline was my favorite.

I am really not feeling Derek and Meredith as a couple. They seem more like roommates to me. I need to see some romance.

I am glad Hahn is gone - she made my butt itch.

It seems like Callie is gonna put the moves on Major Dr Hottie.

Izzy needs to get over Denny - It is getting OLD. And it looks like it is going to stretch into next week - based on the previews. And typical Alex seems to be swooping in for the rescue.

I liked Christina telling her story about her dad - she actually seemed human.

The cadaver thing was nasty.

I think the show seems to be improving!

Lori said...

I agree that Derek & Meredith need romance too, but don't you think it's nice that they aren't having a bunch of drama? I know that it is a drama, but they had SO much over the course of the past couple of seasons that I needed a break from that. I certainly wouldn't mind a gratuitous sex scene or two though! :)

Melinda said...

I loved this episode. It was great all-around. My favorite part was the robot patient and George. So great. Especially because of the Chief. Hilarious! I am also so very happy to see Hahn go. FINALLY! I actually liked Mark chasing Christina. I thought it was funny that Christina was totally oblivious of what he was doing. They just need to find him a good woman. And of course, Christina and Major Dr. Hottie's conversation was so good. I'm glad to get to know that part of her, and I want more of that! I really liked the Denny storyline, and of course, I'm an Izzy fan. I was happy to see him again, and liked the storyline with the other heart patient. It brought things full circle. I think it's good to show that grieving someone is a long process, and at times, you do have moments like that, especially in a hospital. It was touching and I really enjoyed it. Oh, and of course Ed and Rose was a lovely story. I just hope that my husband and I are like that when we're that old!

Yep. I totally agree with you about Christina as a resident. Good grief! She's a TERRIBLE teacher! The interns practicing on themselves was so awful! Oh, and the cadavers were just so gross, and fighting over them?! YUCK!

All in all, a great episode. Thanks for the wrap-up!