Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Yet another Thursday upon us already...where do these things come from and how do they get here so quickly? Even harder to believe is that next Thursday is the biggest Thankful Thursday of all! For today I am thankful for...

1. Ron.
Sunday is my 12th wedding anniversary. I can't believe that Ron and I have been married that long. My mom asked me last night how many years it was going to be and I told her 12 and that we were still really happy together. And I meant it! Lots of people can't say the same thing after that many years together so I'm thankful to know that I have the right guy for me!

2. My Mom.
She is watching Cole for us this weekend so we can go out and celebrate our anniversary. I'm so thankful that she is always willing to watch him for us so we don't have to hire sitters. She loves being with him and he loves being with her and he is so much happier with his Gigi than some random person.

3. Vacation.
I am thankful that I get so many vacation days and I am even more thankful that I will be using some to be off next week. I can't wait to sleep in, spend some QT with Cole, and get my house decorated for Christmas.

4. Christmas Savings Account.
I did good this year! I put back enough that I should easily be able to buy Christmas gifts and maybe even have some left over to start next year's fund. I am thankful that we will be able to have our own Christmas wishes granted and be able to grant some wishes for those less fortunate than us.

5. The end of Cole's football season.
This has been a LONG season filled with drama and I am glad it's almost over. Ron is Cole's team head coach and after this season I can totally see why more parents don't volunteer. We have a great group of boys and a mostly great group of parents, but it really does only take one bad apple to ruin the bunch! I can't wait to wish this particular apple good riddance.

1 comment:

tiburon said...

Dang! That was a long football season!

Happy Anniversary - I hope you have a great time away!! :)