Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I can't believe I almost forgot to be thankful today! So besides the things that I love below, I am thankful for...

1. The End of Flag Football. This has been a fun season and experience for Cole, but the last couple of weeks have involved some drama with the team (mostly parents -- grow up people!!) and with Ron coaching, of course we have been involved. Their last game is Saturday and I am so giddy I could dance a jig! This sure makes me remember why I preferred an individual activity for Cole, like karate! Speaking of...

2. The End of Karate (for now!). Cole is testing for his decided 2nd Degree Black Belt tomorrow night and then he is taking a break from training for a bit. It's been over 4 years. He's burned out. I'm burned out. My wallet is burned out! It will be so nice to be unscheduled for the summer.

3. Road Trips. Cole has a couple of day lapse between the last day of school and the beginning of his summer camp so Ron and I are taking a couple of days of vacation next week and we are road tripping to the Ozarks. Should be fun family bonding time.

4. Pain Meds. Specifically for my furry baby, Zoey. She had some surgery yesterday and the pain meds the vet prescribed have kept her comfortable and relatively happy today. Well, as happy as one can be with an e-collar, aka lamp shade, around her head! :)

5. My Mojo is coming back. Slowly but surely I'm getting back in the groove. I started with baby steps, just concentrating on eating the right things, and I've found by doing that, I am more inclined to want to exercise.

I hope that anybody reading this takes the time to stop and be thankful for the good things in your life today too, even if you don't blog about it!

1 comment:

tiburon said...

Great list. I love to unschedule :)

Have a great road trip and HOORAY for the MOJO!!!!

I start PT camp next week and I am very ascared.