What can I say? GREAT, GREAT television! *That* is my Grey's. That is the amazing show that I fell in love with 4 seasons ago. It's just so funny how when writers stay true to the characters they have created and stick to the formula that works for them the show just seems to write itself. I spent last summer after the diaster that was season 3 contemplating whether I even wanted to devote any more time to this show. I felt like it had become too contrived and the characters were acting out of character for lack of a better term. But after last night? My show is back and I loved every second of it and I have so much to say, so get comfortable...
1. I adored the young brain tumor couple, though it was funny to see Denise from Full House all grown up! LOL I just knew that they were going to get their happy ending though, so I was sad when the boy died. I am happy that Derek and Meredith saved the girl though and that she wanted to live without her love! I did think her moving her right hand immediately was a little hokey, but I can overlook that because the rest of the story was sweet.
2. Alex broke my heart! I have always had a soft spot for Alex. You can just tell that he's been damaged in his life and I have known that his tough guy act was there to protect his heart. I have always felt like Izzy is the one for him, too. They balance each other out and I am just a sucker for them together, so I was glad that she was there for him when he needed someone to count on. I hope that last night was the beginning of the road back together for them. And Rebecca? Buh bye!
3. "Alexandra Caroline Grey, shut up!" Georgie finally got his groove back! I love that he found his confidence and is going to get to retake the intern test. And I love the FRIENDSHIP between George and Lexie. I don't want the writers to ruin another good friendship like the George/Izzy thing, so I really hope they don't go there with George & Lexie. I'm really also loving Lexie now. She is such a fun character and I find myself wondering what funny, quirky thing she is going to say next. "I know you've got two balls!" Heeee!!!
4. "Shut up and let me work!" You go Christina! She is a great surgeon, probably as good as Hahn already and will most likely end up being better, so I was pleased to see her remember her backbone. I also loved how she grew a little and was teaching Lexie. Now that her career and confidence seem to be back on track, let's find her a man worthy of her. Someone like...
5. Mark! Get the man his own woman. It kind of made me sad to see him in the shadows watching Callie & Hahn (I'll get to that later). He wants to be a good guy, he just needs the right woman and I think Christina could tame him. Or maybe Callie is the woman for him? He did seem to be developing real feelings for her. Maybe he will decide to fight Hahn for her heart?
6. Callie and Hahn...that just felt so contrived to me. I'm just not feeling them as a couple. I buy that Hahn is a lesbian, but Callie? Nope, she just screams heterosexual to me.
7. I'm so glad the chief got his wife back, and I enjoyed how he came full circle at his own front door. This time he got to go in instead of finding another man in his home!
8. Bailey finally figured out that she can't have it all. I hope that means she's going to get Tucker back. While she can't have it all, I want her to get as much as she can because she kicks arse! Her talking to cement boy in Star Wars terms to help him calm down rocked my world. While I wasn't a big fan of the cement boy story in general, I liked that part. I've known too many Lola's in my life to feel anything for a beeyotch like her, but I did feel good for him that he got the kiss he had been waiting for. I just wish it had been from someone more deserving of his adoration.
9. And finally Derek and Meredith...what can I say? I adored every single second. While I really don't think that Meredith is "whole now", I do think she is well on her way to figuring out how to be extraordinary. I just hope that she and Derek can figure out how to be "extraordinary together instead of ordinary apart". Her way of showing him that she was his, by laying out their house, was genius! I just hope that we weren't left hanging by the writers at the end for Derek to go break off things with Rose and find out something horrible to begin next season. Something horrible like, I don't know...she's pregnant. Surely they wouldn't go there? But I did get an uneasy feeling when Meredith was standing there alone and the credits rolled. I guess we will have to wait until September to find out, but I do want them to get their happy ending.
Overall this was a very satisfying episode. I think it wrapped every storyline up nicely while leaving some things open to pursue next season. So tell me, what do you think? Was it worth it? Did it leave you feeling satisfied or did you want more? Talk to me Grey's girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
First, I have been checking for this post all morning. Second - I LOVED every freaking minute of it.
To address each of your points:
1. Loved the brain tumor couple. I knew one of them would die - just not which one.
2. Alex is probably my least favorite character on the show. And I am SO glad that Rebeccas is gone. If only she wasn't tainting my Twilight movie.
3. LOVED the George/Lexie scenes. The part about the balls was HYSTERICAL!
4. I am so sick of Hahn being a witch and treating Christina like crap. I am glad Christina fought back and even more glad that the chief backed her.
5. Mark is a man whore and needs to chill.
6. I spit on Callie and Hahn. Why must they make every strong female character a lesbian. I really didn't likey.
7. Loved that the chief and Adele got back together.
8. That cement thing was crazy. It is good to see Bailey finding some balance in her life. But I like gruff, surly Bailey - not a kinder, gentler Bailey.
9. I thought the house in candles was pure brillance. I loved that Meredith was calling herself names when he came walking up. And I love even more that Derek is a stand up guy that wants to break things off with Rose before hooking up with Meredith. Hopefully they can be happy for a bit.
Excellent wrap up - AS USUAL!!!
I really enjoyed this episode, and your wrap-up of it! I LOVED brain tumor couple and I had NO IDEA that it was Denise from Full House! I think I love them more now that I know that! I loved seeing George and Christina getting their grooves back. It's about time! I also liked the fact that Bailey left Izzy in charge of the clinic. I think it's a fitting job for her. There were some parts that I wasn't a big fan of. I hate the Hahn-Callie lesbian thing. I hope it's just an experimental phase for Callie and that it passes quickly! And WOW. I always knew Alex had issues, but not that bad! But, hey, if it gets rid of Ava/Rebecca, I'm fine with it! Unlike you guys, I thought the candle thing at the end was a little cheesy, but that's just me. I kept on wondering where did she get all those candles? I KNOW Derek didn't have them in his trailer and I'm sure she didn't have them in the trunk of her car, so did she go all the way to the store to buy them and come back and do it? That's just crazy. But, I'm SO glad that they're together! Although I am worried about next season. Something just wasn't right at the end when Derek left Meredith standing there. It was almost too good to be true! I'm so afraid that something bad is going to happen when he goes to find Rose! Will HE get in an accident? Will Rose try to keep him by doing something terrible (although she seems too nice for that)? Is she pregnant? Questions that will be answered next season. I really can't wait! Thanks for the great post!
Post a Comment