Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Has anyone seen my mojo???

Because I've lost it and I can't seem to find it!

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can't seem to find the motivation to work out these days. My mojo is gone and I can't make myself care! I know it's summer, the time of tank tops and shorts, and I should be excited to work out some aggression Turbo Jamming knowing that I'm building muscle and burning fat. I should look forward to hopping on the treadmill and running 3 or 4 miles knowing that my legs are getting stronger and leaner. But I'm not! So my arms are jiggly? Who cares? My normally very firm stomach is getting soft? I can live with that because nobody sees it anyway except Ron and he doesn't care. He loves me no matter what my body looks like.

I wish I knew what my deal was. Last night I knew that I needed to get on the treadmill and run. I tried to will myself off of the sofa to do it, but instead I parked on the sofa with angel food cake and strawberries and watched Dancing with the Stars. You would thinking watching those dancers with the fabulous figures would have provided me with the motivation I needed to get up and run. But nope! I was content to lounge. What is wrong with me? I've pushed too hard before and gotten into exercise induced funks and usually taking a few days off is just what I've needed to help me re-focus and get back at it. This time it's been a several weeks thing and no amount of down time has helped.

Not only am I slacking on the exercise, but my eating has been horrendous! I normally follow Weight Watchers religiously. It's an easy program for me, a lifestyle that has always been very simple for me to maintain. I knew that I could follow it 6 days a week and have one eat fest cheat day and it would keep me at my ideal weight. I journaled every bite of food that went into my mouth and could see when I was getting careless with food and seeing it would help me get right back on track. But right now I'm just caring more about the food than about how I look and I hate it!

So any ideas what is wrong with me? I'm not depressed. Work is going okay, no stress there. I have a great life at home with my 2 guys, no stress there. Maybe I'm too content? I don't know, I just do know that I don't want to get heavy ever again. I've worked too hard to lose the weight that I gained when I was pregnant with Cole (which was a lot!). So if you have any ideas to help me get my booty back in gear, feel free to leave suggestions! And in the meantime, please keep your eyes open for my mojo and if you see it, please send it home!!

3 comments:

tiburon said...

Sometimes you just need a break! Have you thought of trying something new? Something different?

You can always come kickbox with me :)

Rebecca said...

When you find yours maybe it will know where mine is and we can get them to join us! :)

Lori said...

I would love to kickbox with you Tib! I actually love kickboxing but haven't found an instructor that I like around here. :(

Rebecca, I think our mojo's have run off together. Maybe we need to put missing posters out in the 'hood? ;)