Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for...

1. Coffee. Even though I haven't been working this week I have been waking up too darned early after staying up too darned late to read. I've needed my morning cup(s) of energy to get me going.

2. Being at home. I hesitate to call this week vacation because we didn't go anywhere and I worked at home the first couple of days, but it sure has been nice to be home and hang with Cole. We've gone bowling, swimming, to the movies, and just hung out together playing Wii and Rock Band on the PS3 and playing cards and watching Gilligan's Island on DVD. The time with him has made me realize that A) He is really growing up and B) He is one great kid. I am so lucky!

3. Holiday at the lake. In a couple of hours we are heading down to White Bluff on Lake Whitney for the holiday weekend. My mom bought a golf course lot there and hopes to build a lake house on the property within the next year or so. Until then she can rent a condo or a cabin when we want to spend time there, so we are heading down to swim, play golf, hit the spa and just relax for the 4th.

4. Ice Packs. Yesterday was a rough one physically for Cole. On Tuesday he did something to strain the arch of his left foot, so he woke up with that bothering him. Yesterday afternoon he had to go get his monthly allergy shots, which leave him with a pretty good size goose egg on each arm for about 24 hours. Then last night while playing hockey in the street with the neighbor kids, he got whacked in the face with a hockey stick, so he's got a nice big bruise on his left cheek. Needless to say our multiple ice packs got put to good use!

So there you have it. Now I'm off to get ready for our trip to the lake. Hopefully I will find some blog post inspiration there, or at least have a couple of good pictures to share. I've been neglecting my little blog too much the last couple of weeks. In the meantime, Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

tiburon said...

Great list! I am glad you are enjoying your time with Cole - sucks that he had so many injuries!

Have a great weekend on your vacay. Happy 4th :)