I haven't done one of these in awhile but today Tiburon picked a topic that is near and dear to my heart....PIZZA!My favorite pizza is from a little hole in wall local place, Chicago Street Pizza. As a matter of fact, it is so local and hole in the wall that they don't even have a website for me to link to! But trust me on this, if you live in my town -- you know who you are -- you must try Chicago Street. The owner, Ozzy, is a Chicago native so I am pretty sure this is authentic Chicago style pizza. (Side note: I actually have been to Chicago but didn't eat pizza there, can you believe that??) The pizza is wonderful and eating there always makes me think of my good friend Mardi who lives in Chicago. Mardi is a faithful reader of my blog but never comments, so big shout out to Mardi! And when she finally makes it down to visit me, I am taking her to Chicago Street so she can verify for me how close Ozzy is to true Chicago style pizza. I will be sure and let my vast blog reading audience know her verdict. ;)
When we eat at Chicago Street my favorite pizza is a thin crust Italian sausage with lots of yummy Roma tomatoes. Nothing fancy for this simple girl! Ron, on the other hand, prefers the deep dish loaded with lots of gooey cheese and meat -- typical guy. I can never really enjoy the deep dish though because when I am eating it all I can picture is the fat from all of that dough, cheese, and meat sticking to my rear end!

No comments:
Post a Comment