Since I'm new at this blogging thing I'm still learning to come up with creative ideas of my own. Until I get that down I will resort to thievery. Thanks to my lovely friend Rebecca for the idea to blog my New Year's resolutions. So for 2008 I am going to:
1. Be thankful. Thankful for today instead of worrying about tomorrow, which I don't have control over anyway. Thankful for my little family and the great life that we have. Thankful for my friends, the ones nearby and far away. Just be more thankful!
2. Get organized at home. I am the queen of organization at work. To be blunt, I rock at it! But at home? Ugh! I am determined to regain control of my closets and kitchen cabinets and the pantry in 2008. And the garage? Well that isn't my domain, but I plan to ride the man hard until it's up to par.
3. Be healthy. I always resolve to lose weight every year. Who doesn't, right? But this year I'm changing that to just be healthy. I'm going to be more aware of the things I put into my body. Yes, french fries may be allowed on Weight Watchers, but are they really good for me? I'm going to be better about taking vitamins and just generally be smarter about what I put in my body. It's the only one I've got to get me through this life and I want to treat it with the respect it deserves.
4. Be kind. Yes, I am generally a pretty nice girl. I try to be a good friend and treat everyone with respect, but sometimes I can get bitchy and short with people who tick me off. So in 2008 I'm going to try to remember that even though those people may deserve for me to be unkind to them it's not the mature way to act, so instead of being mean I'm going to kill with kindness. And it only took me 37 years to grow up and figure this out! HA!
5. Keep growing my hair out. Yes this is completely superficial but I'm struggling with my hair right now so I needed to put my vow to keep growing it in writing. I've gone from short "boy hair", per Cole, to a little bit longer almost chin length inverted bob this year. When I decided to start growing it out last summer I picked a style that I was shooting for and promised myself that I wouldn't chop it all back off until I got to that style and gave longer hair a try for a bit. Well I am currently at what I like to call the awkward stage. It's shaggy and not fun to deal with every day and I'm having a very hard time keeping my promise. So hopefully reminding myself of my promise and putting it in writing will help me hang on for 2 more weeks and not do anything drastic with scissors in the bathroom until I can get to my stylist and get it shaped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think your hair looks great! You have some good resolutions there, although I don't think I have met a kinder person. This is coming from a psycho mom of 3... one who had her life saved by a neighbor. :)
Post a Comment