Friday, January 2, 2009

Lori's Favorite Things 2008

Last year when I began this blog one of my very first posts was my list of 2007 favorite things. In keeping with tradition (sort of!) I now present to you Lori's favorite things of 2008:

1. Nike Shox. One of my 2007 favorites has held up and makes this year's list too. I added 2 more pair to my collection this year and I have yet to find another athletic shoe that I love like I love my Shox. They are so comfortable and it doesn't hurt that they are cute too!

2. iPod Shuffle. I have one of the big, bulky 30G video iPod's but it was not convenient for exercising. Enter my nifty little shuffle and my favorite workout music is right at my finger tips in a nifty little package clipped right to my shirt.

3. Kate Somerville Exfolikate. Best facial care product EVAH! I have horrible skin, always have, but this miracle helps keep my skin looking the best it can. It sloughs off dead skin and leaves me with a healthy glow. Expensive yes, but a little goes a long way, and it's worth every penny!

4. Lucky Brand Jeans. Another carryover from 2007. I now don't wear any other brand and as long as these are made I never will.

5. The Couch-to-5K Running Plan. I have never been a runner. As a matter of fact I have always hated it and considered running a tool of the devil himself. Then an online friend, also a non-runner, mentioned that she was trying this program and having some success, so I thought why not? I will never be any sort of distance runner, but for my treadmill workouts I have learned to enjoy running. Most of all I have learned that running won't kill me. Who knew?!?


6. So You Think You Can Dance. I just discovered this show late in the summer of 2007 and didn't become truly addicted until 2008. I love Cat and I love that crazy Mary Murphy and I can't wait until the new season begins in June.

7. James Avery. The last carryover from 2007. I have had so much fun adding charms to my bracelet this year and expect that to continue on into 2009.

So there you have my favorite things from 2008. If you decide to give any of them a try be sure and let me know how you like them. And if you have favorite things that you think I should try, let me know what those are too!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great stuff! Lucky brand jeans look great on you!

tiburon said...

Ok I SWEAR I left a comment on this post -

I LOVE your stuff. And I might need to check into those Nikes - I need a good pair of shoes!