Friday, January 16, 2009

Sympathy for the Devil: Grey's Wrap

Definitely better than last week! One of the reasons that I didn't write the wrap last week, aside from personal stuff, was that it didn't really make me feel inspired to wrap it. It was just meh. This week was much better!

Things I Liked
1. Tyne Daly. I. Love. Her! Can she stay, please? She is perfect as Mama McDreamy. I like that she kept Daddy's ring because she knew that Addison wasn't the one for Derek, and I loved that she knew that Mer was. I liked her reasoning for Mark & Lexie being okay, and she's right. Mentally he is a horny 15 year old!

2. Alex wants to take Izzie to meet his mom. Awwww! Too bad she is a completely undeserving heifer! I did like the chemistry between him and Arizona on the plane though. Hopefully the writers will go in that direction after Izzie dies in a hail of gunfire.

3. Mark, Mark, Mark. I liked him with Mama McDreamy. I loved the scene with the interns. And I loved him telling Callie to stand tall. See, I keep trying to tell y'all that he really is a good guy! And did you see him without his shirt on? I liked him with Lexie, and I am glad to know how old she is and that she is old enough for him, but I have to admit that I did giggle a bit at the juice box thing!

4. Meredith and the Serial Killer guy. I liked their scene discussing the ways of death and her explaining the difference between hanging and lethal injection. I have to tell you that I cringed at the last scene of him banging his head. Ouch! Eric Stolz has been a great guest star in this role though and will probably get an Emmy nod.

5. Owen and Christina. The scene at the end was all kinds of awesome, though initially I was bothered that he showed up for the date drunk. But then he started rambling and I got it. The story he told her in the shower was heartbreaking. He's got a lot of layers and I'm very interested in Christina peeling them all back to show us the real Owen.

6. Arizona. Not sure why, because I feel like I should be finding her very annoying, but I like her.

Things I Didn't Like
1. The short guy/legs story. It felt out of place in this episode, and the guy was more than a little creepy.

2. Bailey. I can't believe I'm saying it but she is getting on my nerves. Her treatment of Arizona and how she is handling Jackson's case is wrong. She is too personally involved and not acting Bailey like at all.

3. The interns. Please Shonda, get rid of them. Aside from Lexie, they bring nothing to this show.

Things I Just Didn't Care About
1. Izzie and Denny. Izzie is a useless waste of air time as long as Denny is still on the scene. I think I'm just going to fast forward them until he is or they are gone.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm SO happy to see your Grey's Wrap!
Things I loved:
1. Tyne Daly. I totally agree. She is awesome as Derek's mom!
2. Arizona. I loved her from the start. She's so great and I just hope she's not a lesbian. I also loved the scene last week with her wheeling off with her roller skate sneakers!

Things I liked:
1. Alex. He's a great guy and I think Izzie would be so good for him if she wasn't PSYCHO!
2. Mark. I totally agree with everything you said about him!
3. Meredith and serial killer. They have such an interesting dynamic. It's a great storyline.

Things I didn't like:
1. Owen showing up late AND drunk for the date. I understand, but still, that's NOT a good first impression. Christina has enough issues, does she really need a messed-up boyfriend?
2. The short guy. I totally agree with you.
3. Bailey. What is her problem?
4. Interns. Right now, I'm thinking, "what's the point?" They take up airtime, they are NOT interesting, and I think I can name only one besides Lexie.

Things I hated:
1. DENNY. Come on, he's dead!!! If I see him in another episode, and Izzie doesn't address that it's a problem, I'm going to scream! She's crazy, and it annoys the heck out of me!

It was a good episode. I really enjoyed it.

Lori said...

LOL @ your comment about Arizona. "I hope she's not a lesbian!" That is exactly what I said to Ron! Great minds! :)

tiburon said...

FINALLY got caught up on Grey's and I am with you!

LOVED Derek's mom. She rocks. Love that she is a strong, powerful, take-charge gal.

I am so sick of Izzy I just might kill her myself.