Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Freaking Weeks?!?! Grey's Wrap!

Before I begin my Grey’s wrap can I just say how ticked I was when the previews for the next episode came on and we were informed that we have to wait TWO weeks for the next new episode? WTF? The new season just started ABC. What is up with that? And if I find out that next week is pre-empted for some stupid presidential debate I think my head might explode! Anyway on to business…

Things that I loved:

1. Major Doctor Hunk. Love him! He’s hot and studly and did I say hot? And he makes Christina smile. I love anyone who can do that!

2. Christina telling Meredith to shut it! Now I love Mere, but come on. It’s not all about you sister. And when your person has an icicle in her side is probably not the best time to be going on and on about your personal problems. Only a true friend would have the guts to say to Meredith the things that Christina did, though I did think she was a little mean with the “You and Derek will never work.” Their friendship is so real and fun to watch though, and old Meredith and old Christina cracked my stuff up!

3. Seeing Denny. Though I don’t really think I understood WHY he was there. His appearance just seemed odd and out of place, but I loved seeing him anyway.

4. Lexie! She was so cute with her big old puppy dog eyed crush on George. They are such a fun pair and I love their friendship. I loved her reading the letter from the husband too. She is such a cutie and me thinks McSteamy has himself a big ole crush on little Lexie. Interesting!

5. Bernadette Peters. I actually loved the whole storyline with the 3 women and their husbands, it was very well done, but to me she just owned the whole thing.

6. Dr. Hahn. She was all kinds of awesome, taking what the chief said about teaching to heart and trying to learn the best way to be a better teach, yet in the process pointing out to the chief what some of the problems with his staff were.

7. Alex. His explanation as to why mean cheat was great!


Things I didn’t love:

1. Psycho Rose. How old is she again, twelve? Just. Go. Away!

2. Izzy. I’m not sure when it happened, but my love for her has just disappeared. She can leave my show any time now and I would be okay with that.

3. The Chief. He was just a pain in the ass the entire episode. I didn’t feel bad for him when Seattle Grace lost their ranking. He knew the inmates had been running the asylum for a long time and he stood back and didn’t do anything about it until they dropped in the rankings. And I didn’t like him blaming his indifference on Meredith either.

4. The freezing paralyzed guy storyline. I remember vividly Kevin Everett, the Buffalo Bills player who they used this technique on, and I also remember reading a news story about the doctor who did the procedure on him. He specifically said that the freezing had to be done within a certain time after the injury happened to be effective and I’m pretty sure that window was closed for the patient last night. Please Shonda, if you are going to be a true medical drama, try to get your facts straight!


Things I just don’t care about:

1. Callie & Hahn as a couple. Just meh!

2. Izzy and Alex as a couple. He deserves better!

Okay fellow Grey’s girls, that’s all I’ve got. I watched this late last night, thus the jumbled thoughts. Overall I loved the episode and feel like the show is back on track with great writing and compelling stories. NowI want to hear what you think. Did you love it? Hate it? Bring it on!

4 comments:

tiburon said...

I have been waiting for you to post your wrap!!!! Thank you! I am so with you. I LOVED seeing Denny - but I didn't "get" it. I am getting REALLLLLLLLLY sick of Meredith and her whining. You got the guy. He loves you. BE HAPPY!!

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreeance with you and I think it's great that you heart the show as much as I do!

Love McDreamy. Mmmmhmmmm.

Thanks for stopping by and playing! I will be back. Have a fab weekend!

Melinda said...

I LOVED seeing Denny. It was a sweet moment with Izzy. I like the direction that this is taking, and I hope it continues to go well. I'm not a fan of the Hahn/Callie storyline and could live without it. I also didn't like the freezing guy part either. I like to think that the drop in ranking storyline is their way of saying "we know that the past seasons haven't been great, so we're going to do our best this season to make it up to you and get back up on top." We'll see. Oh, I love the dynamic between Christina and Meredith, and I'm glad to see a little more of it.

**G** said...

I'm with you on most everything here but want to make sure that the Hahn/Callie thing gets another thumbs down. Didn't we have to watch that kind of stuff a few years back on "ER" when Carrie was in discovery mode? I'm not interested in another round of it and it has nothing to do with preference or sexual identity stuff. It's been done and too recently to do again.

I just found your blog and LOVE this Grey's rundown! Fun!