Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Wow it has been awhile since I have done one of these. Today I am thankful for...

1. Football Season. Real, live football starts tonight, and even though it's not my team, it's good old NFC East action. I am so sick of preseason and ready to see some games that count. I am trying to keep my high hopes for my beloved Cowboys in check, but I can't help but be excited for what I think they are capable of this season. IF they can get their receivers healthy!

2. Joe Biden. Initially I wasn't too excited about Obama's VP choice, but after listening to Sarah Palin last night, I am much more enamored with my VP candidate. And let's just leave it at that.

3. Hurricane Gustav. While obviously not thankful for the destruction that it caused in other parts of the country, I am thankful for the blast of cooler air and rain that we in North Texas have received from it. It was down right chilly and very fall like this morning!

4. Facebook. I swore I would not get sucked in, but I'm nothin if not a sucker! I am addicted now. Plus it has helped me reconnect with several old friends, and it's fun!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad that football is back for you! And isn't the weather wonderful!!??

Melinda said...

Yeah! FOOTBALL! I can't wait! Oh, and this weather is to die for! It's so gorgeous!