Monday, February 25, 2008

Things I Learned This Weekend

1. If it's been awhile since you've ridden a bike, you should probably make your first ride (in months!!) a manageable time and distance. Holy sore hiney, Batman!

2. My 9 year old is officially better than me at Guitar Hero! I used to be the Guitar Hero master of my house. I can rock pretty much any song on hard, but the boy can now do songs, many songs, on EXPERT! He is such a cool kid!

3. A compliment can really boost your spirits. I saw an acquaintance this weekend who I hadn't seen since before Christmas, which was about 15 pounds and many, many inches ago.. She actually said that I looked tiny! Me? Tiny? I haven't been tiny since...well...ever! I was a 9 pound baby so I wasn't even tiny when I was born. I know that I am not truly tiny because let's face it, I'm 5'10" and when is the last time you saw a tiny amazon?? But it sure did feel good to have someone notice my hard work.

4. "...that that don't kill me can only make me stronger." Because Kanye says so! I love that song and when I think I can't run anymore and it comes up on the iPod, I can run another 5 minutes because if it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger! Thanks Kanye!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so proud of you, you tiny thing!!

tiburon said...

LOVE this list of things you learned. I have never played Guitar Hero but I know that I would rock the hizzouse at it - I kick butt on DDR! I love a good compliment too. oh, and Stronger is on my playlist too - that song and "I Gotta Get Through This" are my "push" songs - when I need that extra little ooooomf. :)