
Ron and I are both on weight loss programs. I have been doing Weight Watchers since January 2. He has been on Nutrisystem for 4 weeks. In that time I have lost 13 pounds and he has lost 23! Why does that bother me you ask? Well I will tell you! :) In our quest for better health and smaller waistlines, not only have I been a faithful Weight Watcher, I have also been a faithful exerciser. Cardio for 45-60 minutes 6 days a week, either Turbo Jam or 3-4 miles on the treadmill. Thrown in for good measure is 3-4 days of toning/sculpting for 20-25 minutes in the form of pilates, Turbo Sculpt, Lower Body Jam, Ab Jam...you get the idea. I have been doing serious exercise! Ron has been on the treadmill exactly twice. TWO TIMES! So he's basically sitting on his hiney and the weight is just melting off. It totally sucks!
Now don't get me wrong, I want him to be healthy and he does have much more weight to lose than I do, but is it so wrong of me to want him to have to suffer the same torture that I am suffering? Why is it when men decide that they want to lose weight, it is as if they walk into a closet and come out the next day 25 pounds lighter? Yet if a woman wants to lose 5 pounds, it takes months of sweat and eating nothing but lettuce just to rid herself of those pesky 5 pounds It's not fair!!

5 comments:
So not fair. Truly. Nathan gives up burgers and drops the weight.
I hate that! All Adam would have to do is stop drinking soda and he would lose 15 pounds! It sucks - we work our buns off for such little losses. It sure does go on quick! :)
So true! It burns my butt. Well, not enough, I guess, since I still have quite a bit here.
muscle weighs more than fat! you're gaining muscle and losing fat, don't forget!
Let's wait and see if his weight stays off once he's off of nutrisystem, too - you're making lifestyle changes, he's just taking an easy way out :)
Have you been watching Biggest Loser Couples? Then men are kicking the women's butts in weightloss. I truly believe it's all hormonal, and men don't have the lovely ones we have, that hinder our progress. (((HUGS))
Nancy--homeskillet
Post a Comment