Saturday, February 14, 2009

Before and After: Grey's Wrap

Before I get into my wrap of this week's show, let me just preface it by saying how much I really didn't like last week. At. All! I didn't like how it was billed as a crossover. (It wasn't!) I didn't like any of the storylines. I hated how unresolved everything was left. I hated the overly slow cheesey Christina and Owen interludes. I just hated it! Now with that out of my system, on to this week.

Things I Liked
1. "She is not a mid-life crisis. She is the real thing!" Yes, Derek. She is! My most favorite line of the whole show. And I liked the mature Meredith. She handled Derek's old med school crew being there just great and I liked hearing her tell Sadie that she loved her life at Seattle Grace.

2. I loved seeing Addison back with the Seattle Grace crew. I like Private Practice, but after seeing Addie back in Seattle, I'm thinking I want PP to be cancelled so she can come back home. She just fits there. She's got friends and history. Bring Addison home!

3. I liked the med school crew catch up's and reminiscing in Archer's room. I liked getting some history on my favorite characters from both shows.

4. Mark wuvs Lexie!

5. George got some screentime, which makes me very happy. I love me some George and wish the writers would give him a storyline.

6. Don't faint, but I actually liked Izzie. I know she's being all freaky crazy girl now, but I liked the game that she put together for the interns. She taught in a creative way -- what a novelty at Seattle Grace -- and her game made the interns tolerable for me this week.

7. Alex and Addison. I always liked them together when Addie was on Grey's and I was glad to see Alex expressing some reservations about Izzie. Yet another reason to bring Addison back to Grey's, a new love interest for Alex.

8. Bailey. She was back to being the Bailey that I love this week. I really enjoyed her interaction with Sam. And I do think she would be a great peds surgeon

Things I Didn't Like
1. Pregnant anuerysm lady. Last week I cared a little bit about her and her husband. This week? She just got on my nerves. I won't tell you all what I was really thinking about her in the second hour of the crossover, lest you all think I'm a heartless wench.

2. The Private Practice portion of the evening. I like the show but found myself really annoyed in the second hour when they would switch back to Oceanside Wellness crew. I didn't care what was happening there, I wanted to be back in Seattle.

3. Owen. The boy has got big problems. He hasn't even told his mother that he's back from Iraq? Oy!! I still want to see him with Christina, but man do they have some stuff to work through first. I did like what he told her at the end about how she doesn't look at him like he's broken, or however it was he put it. I don't remember the phrase, but I do remember that I liked it.

4. I still am not buying Callie as a lesbian, and I am not happy they are making Arizona her love interest. Callie needs different hair too. Not liking the bangs on her.

Things I Just Didn't Care About
1. Sadie. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, loser.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to see what you thought of this week's ep. Cuz I thought it was fun! I really enjoyed it. It was fun seeing all the old friends together, it was fun watching Izzie (which I haven't been able to say in a long while) with the interns who I usually don't care about. There were funny moments too - Bailey w/Sam and Mark laughing at her fellow form, Derek saying no Archer won't be fine, he'll continue to be the ass he always been, etc. Just a fun episode. And I too wish Addison was back in Seattle though I do watch PP. And I think Bailey and Sam would be a great couple.

Great episode overall!

Melinda said...

First of all, I really liked last week's show! I loved what you called the "cheesy" interludes with Christina and Owen. It was so very Jane Austen, and fit so perfectly with what Christina was reading in Meredith's mom's journal. I guess that's just me, though. It was something different that they have done in this show, and I appreciate that they just don't hop into bed with each other! I also loved Izzy in that episode, and how she used the interns to do all of the tests on her before they did them on the patients. Loved it. I didn't like pregnant lady, and I hated the fact that they billed it as a crossover, when no crossover actually happened! I was so disapointed! I also didn't like the fact that Derek was going to go so cliche with the proposal with the roses and candles. I was so glad that they were gone when Meredith got there! I also hated that they made Arizona a lesbian!!! Are you kidding me!? I really liked her, but yuck. I will never look at her the same.

Okay, this weeks show was really good, too. I love Izzy and how she was being a really good teacher. It's about time someone taught those interns!! I agree with everything that you said you liked, except George. I'm so over him, and ready for him to leave the show. He just doesn't seem to "fit" anymore. The writers just went way wrong with his character and I don't think there's any way back for him. I also knew that Owen had problems, but man, he's got baggage and tons of it! Good grief! Christina needs to run, and do it fast! I miss Addison, and I think she should come back, and bring her friends with her! The dynamic that they brought was so great! Sigh...but I know that won't ever happen. I thought the crossover was great, but they spent a little too much time at Oceanside, I think. Overall, I really liked these 2 episodes!

tiburon said...

What the crap?!?! I totally left a comment on this - and it isn't here?!?

I can't even remember what I said - but it was good.

SUCK!